Always the Baker, Never the Bride

Always the Baker, Never the Bride - Sandra D. Bricker If I have to read about a Southern "drawl" again, I will flip, and it will not be a good flip. It will be a "I'm going to strangle this book!" flip. Please, all authors everywhere, stop calling it a DRAWL or a TWANG. Instead, why don't you use descriptive words like deep throaty vowels and heavy r's? Anyway, to the meat of the story--I thought it was ok. Sometimes it seems like the characters are pretty flat with a little bit of roundness in a few of them. I also think the author tries to use stereotypical "Southern" characters for Jackson's sisters because obviously almost all Southern women are great at planning and are awesome hostess with connections to everyone on the social scene. There were a good number of loop holes, and the plot just conveniently falls into place because God willed it so (sarcasm intended). It becomes pretty annoying when characters just waltz into rooms at the right moments. I know it's contemporary fiction, but even in real-life we don't always manage to enter at the right time that often.I thought the recipes and little tidbits at the end of the story were interesting. It sort of pulls the reader into the story a little bit more. Also on another good note, the God tidbits don't protrude as much as other Christian romances, but I thought the author obviously controls the story a bit too much with the characters mentioning the typical romantic advice when it comes to men and relationships. It's sorta disappointing to know that women just put up with men's drawing back. Emma kinda fights against Jackson's pulling back, but other women tell her that it's normal and she should just accept it. I mean if you kiss and hold onto a man during an outing, yet he's not sure if it's a date that's just really depressing. I would've dropped him right there so he could go work out his issues ~.~ I'm not as nice as Emma apparently.