Counter Insurgency

Counterinsurgency - David Kilcullen My thoughts: This story is a really short one. Short and sweet. It's beginning is probably the biggest adventure and also the scene with the most details. It takes stereotypical characters and turns them into interesting creatures with different anatomical features.The setting seems like such an interesting place with a mix of present and sci-fi elements. However, it's not fleshed out enough. The story is pretty fast pace, relying more on dialogue then description. Sometimes the events became confusing because they're described pretty vaguely.It would've been nice to be introduced to both sisters at the beginning of the book, and also have more information from Glumf's side of the story. It's a good things these guys are aliens or else I'd wonder if Glumf's intelligence was realistic.It's a good short read and has a lot of potential to become something more if it's fleshed out with more character depth, screen descriptions, and more events between the crushes and the crushees. On that note, I would like to add that I really liked the ending. I just wish it had more description on Glumf's thought process. The last event was a bit rushed.