Bone, Vol. 1: Out From Boneville

Bone, Vol. 1: Out from Boneville - Jeff Smith The first time I read this, I fell in love with it. Rereading it, I notice that a good bit of humor comes from older shows like Looney Tunes, so I believe older people who grew up with Looney Tunes will love this series. The panels are very easy to follow and are mostly arranged in six simple panels. This first volume opens up a gigantic mystery with many different intersecting stories. So far, I think the author has done a great job mixing the stories. The stories flawlessly flow into each other. Phoney's story seems predictable as of right now, but I'm hoping there's a twist in it; hopefully, it's more than just his deals gone bad like usual. I really enjoy the facial expressions on the characters. They have great details, especially compared to other comics I've read. The art has really bright colors, and it's very enjoyable. Maybe this is only my version, but I've found the tones have smeared on the pages. The words are still readable, but it bothers me that the tones aren't crisp. The copy is a few years old so maybe the smearing is due to old age.My favorite characters right now are the rat creatures. The things they say and their clumsy personalities make scenes extremely hilarious. My favorite line is, "No. You called me fat." I'm pretty sure I'll reread the second one again soon.Some words are a bit above a child's reading level. However, I recommend this for everyone in middle school and beyond. I really think people who enjoyed Looney Tunes will really enjoy this series.