The Great Gatsby

The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald The Great Gatsby has such flowing writing that it's hard to stop and ponder the greater details since you want to keep reading. The big theme of Gatsby, the American dream, permeates throughout the book. What is the American dream? How can one achieve it? Is it achievable?"The American dream" in The Great Gatsby seems a bit trivial compared to everything out in the world. However, the tension between the characters makes it a good read. Gatsby announces, "Repeat the past? Why, of course you can!" But can he really? This is what The Great Gatsby addresses: One man, one dream, and the rest of the world that thinks it know him.When I first read it for fun in high school, I didn't care much for it, but now since I've reread it in college, I like it a lot more. There are lots of little details that give hints as to how characters interact, what their personalities are, and what they're dreaming for. I don't necessarily think that Jay Gatsby embodies the American dream and instead has a corrupt dream, but that's for you to decide.