Wild Magic (Immortals #1)

Wild Magic (Immortals, #1) - Tamora Pierce Daine leaves her hometown after her mother's death. She has to find a job to feed herself and her horse friend Clover. Her first job is to take care of the Riders' horses, but then it's discovered that she has magic. Her next job is to develop her talents. In the meanwhile, divine creatures from the realms beyond begin attacking her new home. Daine must stand up to the demons but at the same time, let those she loves fight beside her.I love these types of books. It's similar to the The Chronicles of Narnia and The Ranger's Apprentice, following young children as they approach new challenges. However, these book definitely looked at kingdoms and magic in new ways. Magic consumed the whole body and has different forms, one of which is Diane's and the other belongs to those with the Gift. Both men and women fight for their kingdom. In fact, the king's champion is actually a lady knightSometimes I don't think the actions of the characters are very clear, but otherwise, it's written very well. The ending seems anticlimatic, but there are more books in the series to look forward to after this one. I'm excited to get my hands on the next book.